My first trip to the "BIG APPLE" was incredible. I love city life (I still love the mountains MORE). Taxis, subways, doormen, museums, fashion EVERYWHERE... there was so much to do, so much to see and WAY too much to cram into one weekend. New Yorkers were really nice -- honestly!Here are some highlights:
- Competed in moot court -- arguing and advocating for 'my client.' I did an awesome job, confirmed by the judges, and one particular moment when I wow'd them... despite my nerves and vague answers to a couple hard questions.
- Made a new friend
- Saw an old friend (Jayme, I miss you already - when are you moving to Colo? j/k)
- Went shopping -- mostly window shopping, but found a fantastic NEW purse on Canal St.
- Getting lost in Central Park & taking the wrong subway train
- Two words: OPEN + BAR (okay two more words) + salsa dancing (but no partner!)
- pinkberry indulgence
- Ice skaters at Rockafeller Center
- "Where's the Empire State Building?"
- Sadly most of my NYC comments were -- "hey, that's from that one movie/TV show, remember...?" referencing: Sleepless in Seattle, Breakfast at Tiffany's, Men in Black, Spiderman, Seinfeld, the Apprentice, Project Runway, The Today Show, SNL
3 comments:
It looks like you had a great time in NYC! How fun, Chris and I have always wanted to go there, but I'm sure I wouldn't appreciate it as much as I should. Especially the fashion part, you know me! Anyways, yes, Nathan is getting so big and growing up way too fast! Time is flying. I can't believe it's already almost summer! It's been getting so warm here. You should come visit when you graduate! Hope things continue to go well for you. Take care and keep in touch.
Oh, and I checked out the link to your photo albums, that is so cool. I haven't seen some of those pictures of Brit's wedding and that one you took of Brit and Nathan sometime when you were here is so cute! And I just love the ones of me, 9 months pregnant at A's wedding! Holy cow, I look huge!!!
The pics online aren't all mine, Britt's brother-in-law took a ton of great ones that I moved into that album so I could make prints (they're also on facebook; Plus, you can tell I grabbed your sista soldja shot).
what are you talking about ... you look beautiful in Adrienne's wedding pics!!
I added another album to that link from your wedding ~ so check back soon. I'm not sure if you've seen all of those. If you want any full-res photos, let me know and I can email them.
Post a Comment