I'm back in the blogging world. I've been reading other blogs lately -- especially design and food blogs -- which have inspired me to start writing again. I know I've been out of touch with most of you because of my lack of blogging, so I'm back. Here's a quick breakdown of 2009 and the beginning of 2010 . . . [FYI: no promises, but I'll try to post more often]

- Jan/Feb 2009 - study, study, study. Then, retook the bar exam, [see May 2009 for results]. Ignored Guy for the entire month, sorry babe. After two and 1/2 weeks away from the court, I busted my butt the entire weekend and wrote 2 opinions in 8 days. YIKES!
- March/April 2009 - can't remember what happened then; work kind of took over my life at these times and when I wasn't at work, I was either worrying about work or sleeping.
- May 2009 - Bar exam results, a SUCCESS. Not only did I do better than the first time, I totally nailed the written portion of the exam and raised my score over 30 points to a 160 for that portion. The MBE, which I mostly focused on during studying was "TO-UGH" and I had only a marginally better score. It was the hardest exam in recent history (only 59% passage rate, whereas 81% passed on the July 09 exam). In any regard, I felt proud to have done so well after I was soooooo discouraged from the first exam. I really redeemed myself in my own eyes (since the rest of the world's opinion, well mostly, was and always will be tainted). Luckily, people won't really know now unless I tell them.
- May 8, 2009 - Admitted to the Colorado Bar; May 9, 2009 - said Goodbye to Guy (we broke up) and he left for California
- June 2009 - missed Guy so much that we reconciled and he made a trip home to visit
- July 2009 - vacation in San Francisco spending time with Guy at his summer "home" and in the city for the fireworks. Also went to Pebble Beach, Monterrey, Caramel, Santa Cruz, San Jose, Alameda County Fair, Livermore, and Pleasanton.
[golden gate bridge view from bay cruise, photo by dani or guy]- August 2009 - Ended my job as a law clerk for the Judge and finished the year with 38 written opinions. Bittersweet ending to a tough, but incredible and intense year. Flew to SLC to visit friends, then San Fran for a road trip with Guy back to Denver. (Yosemite - was on fire, so we canceled that from the itinerary, Sequoia Natl Park (AWESOME!), Las Vegas - Green Valley Ranch (loved the pool and gambling at Mandalay Bay's blackjack tables), no Hoover dam trip b/c of Guy's 1 inch pocket knife; Zion Nat'l Park; sunset/night in Utah; Capitol Reef nat'l park for homemade jam and pies; Beaver Creek/Vail; then home.
- September 2009 - Denver visit by Kristi and Josh; Broncos and Rockies games; and fun times. Started my new job with the federal gov't. Settled into a new routine and being in a new environment.
- October 2009 - Became an official government employee with all the excellent benefits to boot. Yoga NUT program, 14 day cleanse and crazy vegetable eating. Annual Girls Trip with BFFs to Seattle (fun times!!! exploring the city, getting rained on, being indecisive, shopping, and lots of coffee). Celebrated friends' wedding in Littleton -- tried to make Guy dance. Went to Louisville/Indiana with Guy for his BFF's wedding -- tried to make Guy dance, again. Hung out in the country with Guy's friends and met Guy's whole family.
- November 2009 - Spent 2 weeks in the hospital watching my grandma during her last days, tried to get through Thanksgiving with a grieving/loud/dysfunctional family. Guy was there the whole time, as supportive as he could be (and support I needed on those days when it felt as though the sun might never rise again, thanks babe).
[circa 1983, photo by mom]- December 2009 - Grandma's memorial service, Guy and I made a slideshow/memorial DVD that we showed at the service (click here to watch); prepared for Christmas. Spent Christmas week in Wyoming and then spend New Years in Indiana.
- Jan/Feb 2010 - Realized how happy I am with my job and being in love with such a wonderful man, made plans to move in with Guy (in Boulder - YAY! -- can it be August yet?).
2 comments:
I'm glad your back to the blogging world. I've kept you on google reader for a long time waiting for this moment :D Finding a good man and a good job makes life so much better. I'm glad you're doing well!
I second Tiffany's comments! I'm so glad you're back to the blogging world. It makes my heart so happy to know you're happy with your job and with a good man! Can't wait to read more about what is going on in your life!
Post a Comment